visTABLE® Object Manager can be used to manage up to two storage locations of visTABLE® user libraries at the same time:
- The standard storage location is My Library. This storage location lies locally on the PC on which visTABLE®touch is installed and cannot be changed.
- Furthermore, it is possible to add a further library that can be used for shared access and data exchange with other visTABLE® users. It is usually a shared network share.
Storage location and data integrity
The folder selected by way of Add library is filled by the Object Manager with the data of the visTABLE® user models. As a result, subdirectories and an XML file are created. Any modifications to these data (including copying, moving, deleting) which are not performed by way of the Object Manager can destroy the whole library that is not stored in this folder.
Adding a library
The Add library function is only available if no library has already been embedded. If you wish to add a further library, first disconnect the library that has already been embedded.
Click on Add library (top right).
Select a folder in your Windows® file system which is to contain the library to be added or which already contains a library.
You can either select an existing folder or create a new one in the file system.
When you have completed this action, the storage location of the newly added library is displayed in the top left corner. The symbol indicates that it is a shared library.
Now the Add library function is no longer available in the menu sincemax. one shared library can be added.
Disconnecting a library
To grant the visTABLE® Object Manager access to another shared library, the currently added shared library must be disconnected. The models saved in this library are not lost when it is disconnected.
- Select the shared library (on the left).
- Use the
Xnext to the path specification to disconnect the shared library.
- A confirmation warning displayed prior to the deletion prevents you from inadvertent disconnection of the library. Answer this confirmation warning with yes.
- Then, this library is visible neither in the Object Manager, nor in the model library of the visTABLE®touch application. This has no effect on the data contained in this library; all catalogs and also all models contained in these catalogs are preserved. It is possible to add the library again later as described above.
Layouts (VTL files) that reference models stored in a catalog of a library show under certain circumstances only a transparent blue placeholder in the 3D view if the folder of the appropriate library is currently not available or if a different library is used.