What is new ...
The functionality of the visTABLE®logix module in this version has been improved significantly. Now it provides a Lead time view for product families with reference to the number of pieces. In other words: Now it is possible to perform lead time analyses in visTABLE®logix by way of the calculation procedures used for value stream analyses. Furthermore, a lead time characteristic with the corresponding evaluations with reference to value-added time (VAT), non-value added time (NVAT), and process cycle efficiency (PCE). In addition, it has been possible to capture the work in process (WIP) both in transports and in special storage operations.
A second highlight is the extension of the model library which opens up completely new possibilities in designing production or logistics halls. A set of standard model catalogs for factory halls in system design was elaborated in cooperation with GOLDBECK. It has thus been easier than ever before to design and individualize industrial buildings. Thanks to direct references to manufacturer’s specifications of the elements in the catalog, all components required for designing are already included with their exact dimensions. Reliable drafts are thus created extremely quickly. The system supplier receives an export enabling him to calculate quickly and elaborate complete plans in accordance with the BIM standard. New construction projects can thus already be improved in quality and accelerated in their realization in very early phases.
In addition, the operation of visTABLE® has been improved in many points. An example is the so-called turntable rotation in the visTABLE®3D view and visTABLE®ObjectManager. It is thus no longer possible that the horizon tilts inadvertently. The object snapping feature was also further optimized. For example, now it can also be turned on/off when dragging objects by way of the
CTRL button. visTABLE®logix now also provides the
ZOOM concept using the central mouse button, which is already known from the layout area. This makes the navigation more comfortable; scrollbars at the window margins are not necessary. In addition, the feature of fitting the whole contents in the window has now also been implemented in visTABLE®logix.
As far as import/export is concerned, there are three novelties:
- Reading in of 3D data in ObjectManager is now also possible in the JT format.
- The 3D scene can now be saved as a 3D PDF document. This facilitates the communication significantly.
- It is now also possible to export product flow segments to XPS documents. Editing complex product flows in an image editing program is thus no longer necessary.
What’s new in visTABLE®touch
Every update improves the software in many details. Here is an overview of some striking features:
Model library: A new feature are the six catalogs from GOLDBECK for designing virtual halls in system construction for production and logistics. Each catalog provides preassembled modules each with a clear height of 6, 8, 10 or 12 m in 12 m grid in predefined standard hall widths ranging from 12 m to 72 m. The two supplementary catalogs comprise elements for foundations and ceilings.
Productioncatalog was extended by milling machines from Georg Fischer (GF).
- Progress bar for loading of the 3D view: While the 3D view is being started, the symbol for the 3D view is displayed in visTABLE®touch as an information about the loading process.
- Object snapping: As has always been the case, object snapping can be turned on or off permanently in the
system menu. A new feature is that the
CTRLbutton results in negating this setting when dragging the object. Pressing
CTRLdeactivates object snapping if it was turned on in the
system menu, and vice versa.
Transport networks: If a transport network is extended, now the moved node can be snapped at contours and grid points (object snapping for nodes). The feature of dragging new network components into the layout area was enhanced.
What’s new in the visTABLE®3D view
- Export to 3D PDFs: It is now possible in the
Save 3D screnesubitem of the menu to select the 3D PDF format as the target format, in addition to the already existing scene export as *.zip.
- The representation of the human-body model was optimized and the slightly unnatural gloss effect was reduced.
- The navigation by way of the central mouse button was reduced by one degree of freedom to avoid unnatural tilting of the horizon.
What’s new in visTABLE®logix
It is now also possible to determine lead times thanks to the completely new
Lead time view in visTABLE®logix, in particular in accordance with the value stream mapping method.
In this connection, visTABLE®logix was optimized in many points:
- In particular, new users will enjoy the now context-sensitive help function of visTABLE®logix. It can always be called in the title bar of the window by way of the blue
?symbol. In addition, visTABLE®logix provides an improved animation display for gesture control.
- The navigation in the
Product Familyviews is now performed in accordance with the
ZOOMconcept with the central mouse button as just as effective as in the layout area of visTABLE®touch. The enhanced zoom menu with fitting the view provides clear overview.
- The standard key combinations for the actions
Y) are now also available for the Product Family views.
- Thanks to the examination of cycles, now work in process can also be acquired in product flow charts. To this end, a new storage operation (triangle symbol) for process boxes was introduced. Each process box can be brought into this form (and back) via the
Convertmenu action. Alternatively, the new type of operation can also be drawn as a triangle.
- At the end of this list, just a very little change with a view to the future: Project name and file name have now been implemented in the visTABLE®logix title bar. If several instances of visTABLE®logix are open, navigation in the Windows® taskbar is easier. In addition, the project designation of the layout document becomes more important.
What’s new in visTABLE®ObjectManager
Numerous enhancements under the hood were implemented in visTABLE®ObjectManager. The most striking feature is probably the so-called turntable rotation in various 3D views which facilitates rotating models by using the mouse. In addition, the Jupiter Tessellation (JT) 3D format can also be imported up to and including version 9.5.
If you have an active service agreement, do not hesitate to contact our support department in case of technical questions: