To be able to use the full functionality of the visTABLE® apps, visTABLE® must be activated. To this end, you need a license. To obtain a license, contact your software provider or distributor.
Product activation verifies that a product license is valid so that you can access the software. The verification method depends on what license type you have, and how the software is provided by your organization. In some cases, you don’t need to activate at all.
- You can access subscription based license by signing in with your Email.
- For perpetual licenses, you access the product by provding a product key or by configuring to a network licence, that is provided and has been activated by your orginziation.
Access by signing in
If you have a single-user subscription or a seat-based subscription, your product is activated when you sign in to your software.
- To activate the product, you must be connected to the Internet. The activation process takes only a few monents. The product cannot be activated if you are not connected to the Internet.
- You need your personal Email adress that is or should be associated to your license.
- You need access to this Email inbox, to verify your identity.
- You need to be connected to the internet every once in a while, otherwise you’ll lose the activated license on this specific machine.
- Install visTABLE®touch.
- Start visTABLE®touch.
- Sign in using your E-Mail adress.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a validation code, which will be send to your EMail inbox. Please make sure it does not get lost in your spam / junk folder.
- You may be prompted for an activation key. The person responsible for the license management in your organisation will help you.
Activation as a single-user license
The use of the software as a single-user license is intended for smaller companies. A single-user license is bound to a single PC. A network license is not intended for activation as a single-user license.
Activate the product as a single-user license only if you have acquired this license type and the product has not yet been activated. Network licenses cannot be activated in this way, see information below.
To activate the product, you must be connected to the Internet. The activation process takes only a few minutes. The product cannot be activated if you are not connected to the Internet. Once your product has been activated successfully, access to the Internet is no longer required.
You may activate the license only once; the product key cannot be used to activate a second PC. If the product has already been activated on a PC and you wish to use the license on a further PC, contact
- first your system administrator for permission to use a network license (where applicable)
- and then, if necessary, the visTABLE® support department to inquire about the possibility of a license transfer; to this end, have your product key ready.
- Install visTABLE®touch.
- Start the Licence Manager.
- Make sure that the license information is not yet displayed.
- Click on
- Enter your product key and start the activation process. After the activation, the license manager displays the type and validity of your license.
Using an existing network license
Network (or floating) licensing provides the flexibility required in a corporate environment to be able to distribute a limited number of licenses over a large number of clients. Usually, the users will find an environment that is already configured by the administrator. The users will then only start visTABLE®touch; the license will be assigned automatically. It is not necessary for the individual users of a network license to know or at any point enter the product key.
Activation of a network license
Information on how to activate a network license is delivered together with the software. This information can be found in the supplied manual. To be able to activate a network license, administrator rights are required. If you have already activated a network license, it need not be activated again.
Using visTABLE®touch as a viewer
If you do not have a license or only wish to view a layout (write-protected), click either on the appropriate link in the Windows start menu in the visTABLE® program group or on the appropriate link on the desktop.