The user interface of visTABLE® Object Manager
The user interface of visTABLE® Object Manager is divided into three columns and one menu above the two columns on the right.
The left column comprises the catalog tree. In the single-stage tree, libraries are displayed at the top and the model catalog (in brief: catalogs) stored therein are displayed beneath. To open a catalog, simply left-click or tap with the finger. Use the switch + Add models/catalogs at the very top to extend the library by new models or catalogs.
The contents (i.e. models) of the catalog selected on the left are displayed in the middle column (catalog preview). It needs merely a simple left-click or tap with your finger to include one or several models in the selection.
The right column comprises the properties area for editing of the model(s) selected in the catalog preview. In its division and operation, this properties area is similar to that for objects in visTABLE®touch.
The menu is arranged at the top. The left-hand menu part comprises the actions for models, and switches for general actions e.g. the online help can be found on the right.
- The Preview menu item opens the 3D Preview for the model selected in the middle column.
- The Select all menu item can be used to include all models of the catalog selected in the catalog tree in the selection to be able to execute actions that pertain to several models at the same time (e.g. “Export”, “Copy”, “Delete”).
- The Copy menu item copies your selection (one or several models) to the clipboard. Subsequently, the Paste action is available in the menu.
- Use Paste to save the copied model(s) in the selected catalog if you have previously copied it/them.
- Export produces the visTABLE® data formats VTC or VTM at a storage location that can be selected via the Windows® file system.
- Delete removes the selected model(s) from the catalog. A confirmation warning displayed prior to the deletion prevents you from inadvertent deletion.
Deletion is irreversible! Deleted models cannot be restored. If you are not sure whether or not a model is still required, it is recommended to export a backup copy of the model beforehand.
Preview (3D model preview)
Use the Preview action in the menu to create a navigable 3D preview of a model selected in the catalog preview of the visTABLE® Object Manager. Navigation is possible similarly to the 3D view of visTABLE®touch:
- Drag the mouse over the cube to move the model.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in the model.
- The navigation cube can be used to approach a view directly from the front, rear, left, right, from below or above.
- To close the preview, click on the cross in the top right corner. Zooming out or changing the window size will also change the application window of the visTABLE® Object Manager.
Notes for users of visTABLE® versions 2.6.x and earlier
The library included in the scope of supply of plavis and continuously extended is not displayed in the visTABLE® Object Manager. It is, however, possible to import models exported in earlier versions (.vtm) in the User Catalogs. Catalogs exported in previous versions (.vtc) can be imported to My library or to a Shared Library.
The setting “Path of the own Model library” under visTABLE®touch was used in the previous version to control which own catalogs from which path are to be displayed. This setting is no longer available in new versions. Now the Shared Library is selected in the visTABLE® Object Manager.
The user interface of the visTABLE® Object Manager is now also designed for touchscreen operation. In other words: It is no longer necessary to double-click on catalogs or models to open them.